This questionnaire has 25 pretty random prompts, and I am almost positive you guys don’t know these things about me. But you will now!
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Me…Until Now!
3. I’ve always wanted to… go to a taping of Ellen. Still a dream :)
4. My family and I… love to joke around, go out to dinner, and support each other in all that we do!
5. I was a terrible… soccer player. I played (for one season) when I was 5 and all I remember is that at the last practice, I peed my pants in the middle of the field because I didn’t want to go to the porta-potty by myself. Also, one time I let the ball go right past me and straight into the goal because I was waving to my mom. Yep, I was MVP. I’m glad I tried it though because I learned (and my parents quickly saw for themselves) that any sport involving a ball is not my forte.
6. My first job (besides babysitting) was… as a hostess at a local Italian restaurant. I got paid a full 10 bucks an hour plus tips and got free dinner after my shift – not a bad gig for a 16 year old!
7. I could
probably definitely eat… ice-cream everyday. In fact, I pretty much do.
Sorry I got a little carried away there… You drooling yet?
8. I stole… ummm all I can think of is a few t-shirts from my brothers’ drawers when I was in my ‘sporty’ phase in 5th grade.
9. I was born on the same day as… my uncle. And (I just looked this up) Jessica Alba’s husband, Cash Warren. Funny story about birthdays – two of my three brothers were born on April 22nd (4 years apart), which is also one of my cousin’s birthdays. And my other brother was born on April 27th, so there were many shared birthday parties for them!
Three boys, 2 years between each, all born in April, all with blue eyes…3 years later, in January, came me, a brown-eyed girl. Talk about the black sheep!
It’s too bad we don’t look (or pose…) like that anymore.
10. My all-time favorite film is… oh gosh, I can never choose favorites… maybe Parent Trap? But to be honest, I like almost every romance, comedy, or chick flick that I see – I’m not a tough critic when it comes to movies.
11. I do a pretty mean… British accent. One summer my friend and I went on vacation together and spoke in accents whenever we were in public (only when we weren’t with my parents because there was no way they were going to attempt to play along…that would’ve been a dead giveaway). I’m sure we fooled no one, but it was our tween-age idea of fun!
12. I’m still mad… I quit taking piano and guitar lessons. I started piano lessons in 2nd grade and quit after about a year because my teacher made me sing along… In school I played violin in 4th grade, then flute from 5th – 8th (both of which I’m not too mad I stopped playing). In 6th grade I took guitar lessons outside of school, but I quit once dance started taking over my life in 7th grade (I danced from ages 3-14).
I’m so mad I quit piano and guitar because I absolutely love music, and playing one (or both!) of those instruments is a hobby I wish I could have. I’ve tried to pick the guitar back up every now and then, but I end up getting frustrated when my little hands won’t stretch to get my fingers where they need to be. I just need more patience, really. Oh well…
13. I met my husband… HAHA I’m still in college, and probably pretty far from getting married (although I’d love to one day!!). I’ve been single since last July and am in no rush to meet my husband. That said, I’m definitely ready to have a boyfriend again, so I’m open to whatever is meant to happen.
14. I always knew I wanted… to study abroad. And that’s why I’m going to (in 22 days) (EEEEK!).
15. I’m not afraid to… try anything (within reason) once! That’s the attitude I’m trying to have as I go into my study abroad adventure this Fall!
16. I make the best… eggs. Haha trust me, I make more than just the microwave variety and I also am slowly learning how to cook and bake many things, but as a college kid, I have a lot to learn. I absolutely love being in the kitchen, experimenting with different ingredients, and trying new recipes as well as learning my family’s classics. Cooking and baking are definitely passions of mine, I just need much more practice (and time)!
17. I have
almost no… hand-eye coordination when it comes to sports. I cannot catch/kick/throw a ball to save my life. Refer to number 5….
19. I’m a… Connecticutian (Connecticutter? Yeah, I don’t know…), but I’m also a Bostonian because I go to college at BC. I love being both!!
20. I’ve spent 20 years (I guess technically 18 since I’m in college, but I’m home in the summers)… in the same house. My family moved into our current home about two years before I was born, and my parents aren’t planning on moving any time soon. I am more than okay with that because I love my home sweet home.
21. I wish my folks… the best (oh gosh, that sounds like I’m leaving them, which I am not. Well I guess I am for the semester, but you get my point). I love them so much and my brothers and I owe everything to them, so I pray every day that they stay healthy and happy :)
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with… a boy in my kindergarten class. I thought we were going to get married. I also was in love with dance and figure skating.
23. I believe if everyone… learned to love one another and treat others with respect, the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand… when people hover over me. Whether I’m studying, writing, eating, packing, whatever it may be, I hate when people stand over me/ watch me/ look over my shoulder if we’re not actually having a conversation as this happens. I also can’t stand…super slow walkers on campus between classes. I appreciate the fact that maybe they’re just soaking it all in or enjoying nice weather, but if I have a class to be getting to, pick up the pace or get out of my way! (Woah, did I just say that?)
25. Whenever… Keeping Up with the Kardashians is on, I’ll watch it. Yep, I said it.